Turmeric Deviled Eggs with Crispy Coconut Chips
Let's next level the classic! We are going to add crunch with coconut chips and extra yellow brightness from turmeric. Both add extra style to these devils, but also extra brain strengthening nutrients.
- 1 stainless steel pot (for cooking hard boiled eggs)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 baking sheet
- 9 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise with Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Raw Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Gochujang optional for spicy
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Dill
- Cut hardboiled eggs in half length wise.
- Scoop out yolks with small spoon and put in bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with fork or potato masher.
- Add mayo, mustard, turmeric, salt, pepper, and gochujang if using.
- Mix filling together.
- Spoon filling in each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Top with COCONUT BACON
- In bowl, mix maple syrup, tamari, sea salt and gochujang if using.
- Add coconut chips to the bowl and mix to coat.
- Place coconut chips on parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out to allow for air circulation. Some can be overlapped, just do spread the best you can.
- Bake on middle rack at 350°
- Check after 15 minutes. Chips are done when ones along the perimeter are dark brown. They will crisp as they cool. If you are unsure take out and allow to cool. If they don't crisp once cool but back in the oven for a few minutes.
Calories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 7gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 533mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 281IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!