MEMORY ENHANCING HUMMUS
This recipe is featured in the MIND chpt of the Self-Love book because chickpeas contain choline which helps improve memory! It starts off with cooked chickpeas, which you would need to soak dried chickpeas and cook (preferred method), but if you are short on time feel free to use canned.
- 1 Food Processor
- 1½ cup CHICKPEAS, cooked
- 1 LEMON, ZEST and JUICE
- 6 tbsp TAHINI
- 1 tsp CUMIN POWDER
- ¼ tsp GARLIC POWDER
- ½ tsp SEA SALT
- 4 tbsp EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- In food processor, process till smooth everything but the oil.
- Process while you drizzle in EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL till you have a hummus consistency.
- If you would like it to be lighter, add water 1 tbsp at a time.
- For curb appeal, add chopped PARSLEY and PAPRIKA!
Save your aquafaba (the liquid in either the can from canned chickpeas or the liquid cooked in if using dried) to make a vegan mayo!
Calories: 174kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 200mgPotassium: 82mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!