To go with the Bougie Burger Bar for your Bougie Summer BBQ is Bougie Burgers! These burgers are fancy and particular, as they are vegan, gluten and grain free. They provide lots of nutrients to class us up, including mind friendly super nuts, walnuts! So pretentious, they aren’t designed for the grill. Therefore, we won’t be consuming any potential free radical damage from the open flame. Especially the Sunshine burgers that aren’t even cooked!
JERK VEGAN BURGERS TOPPED WITH MACADAMIA THOUSAND ISLAND SAUCE AND PICKLES
- 1 stove pot
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 cup ADZUKI BEANS These are also called red beans
- 1 cup QUINOA, cooked Preferred this is made the day before
- ½ cup RAW WALNUTS
- ¼-½ cup "MEATY" MUSHROOMS, chopped small,¼" or smaller recipe below-see notes for substitute
- 1 tbsp TOMATO PASTE
- 1 tbsp COCONUT SUGAR
- 2 tbsp JERK SPICE BLEND recipe below
- In stove pot, over medium heat, combine: 1 tbsp EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, 1 SWEET ONION, sliced into crescents, 1 package of CREMINI MUSHROOMS, cleaned and chopped thin, ¼ tsp GARLIC POWDER.
- Allow to cook a few minutes stirring frequently. Add: 1 tbsp TAMARI, splash of RED WINE, 2 tbsp NUTRITIONAL YEAST, 1 cup VEGETABLE BROTH, 2 tsp TAPIOCA STARCH. Allow to boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to simmer until liquid is reduced 25%. It takes about 10 min. Strain out the mushrooms to use for the burgers. You don't want to use the liquid for them.
- In a jar shake: 1/4 cup ONION POWDER, 2 tbsp DRIED THYME, 1 tbsp CINNAMON, ¼ tsp GROUND NUTMEG, a little less than ⅛ tsp GROUND CLOVES, 1 tbsp SEA SALT
- In food processor, process raw walnuts till floured. Use ¼ cup for recipe.
- In warm oven, dry out beans on a bare baking sheet. You just want to dry them until they aren't wet.
- In food processor, process beans till ground. Add to a mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients listed.
- Mix burger ingredients with spoon then with hands. Shape into burger patties.
- Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes or overnight, then cook on a lightly oiled pan over medium heat. Cook until dark brown on both sides.
- Burgers will still be delicate but they shouldn't fall apart. Look at notes for ideas to make them firmer.
SPICY SUNSHINE BURGERS TOPPED WITH CASHEW BLUE CHEESE, PICKLED CELERY AND CRISPY SHITAKE “BACON”
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Dehydrator optional
- 1 cup CARROTS, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup RAW WALNUTS
- ½ cup RAW PUMPKIN SEEDS
- ½ cup SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- 1 tbsp SHALLOT optional
- ¼ cup CELERY optional
- ¼ cup FLAXSEED MEAL
- 1 tsp CUMIN POWDER
- ¼ tsp DULSE POWDER you can alternatively use tiny pieces of nori
- 1 tbsp LEMON JUICE
- 1 tbsp RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 tsp SEA SALT
- In food processor, pulse till small: CARROTS. Place in bowl.
- In food processor, pulse till small: WALNUTS, PUMPKIN SEEDS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, SHALLOT, CELERY. Place in bowl with carrots.
- Add to bowl the rest of the ingredients. Mix with spoon then with hands. Form 5 ½ cup burgers.
- If you have a dehydrator, dehydrate them at 115° overnight. If not, bake at 250° on parchment-lined baking sheet for 20-30 minutes or dark brown.