Pump Cafe's Thanksliving Day Bowl Feature: Green Bean Casserole
A Thanksgiving is nothing, absolutely nothing without green bean casserole. Alas, traditional green bean casserole is full of fattening cream. This guy though right here is creamy via healthy fats from cashews. It is very similar to the real deal, and was one of my favorite dishes in the Thanksliving Day bowl.
Set oven at 400 degrees.
Raw Cashews, 2 cups
Lemon Juice, from 1 lemon
Dates, softened, 5
Sweet Onion, 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
Mustard Seed, 1 tsp or Mustard Seed Poweder, 3/4 tsp
Water, start with 1.5 cups
1. Place all ingredients in blender, water first. Blend until smooth & it makes a funnel inside blender. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time as need be to make a thick consistency.
Green Beans, 2 lbs, wash & trim
Mushrooms, sliced, 1 package (optional)
1. Cut green beans to desired length. Place in casserole dish.
2. Add sliced mushrooms (optional).
3. Pour sauce over green beans.
4. Place lid on dish.
5. Bake until cooked through. Around 30 minutes.
I love to see your food designs! If you give this a go please tag #sexystartsinthekitchen!
Don't miss any new recipe or meal prep ideas! Emails arrive in your inbox at 2pm 2-3x a week! To sign up for the newsletter click here!