This past weekend I was traveling and I was without my food processor, my high speed blender, my stoneware dish, and my Chef's knife! I still had a kitchen and some weapons to work with so I just needed to be creative when designing my meals. This bowl was thrown together in minutes with only a mason jar, a regular knife, and a small pot!
The shortcuts I implemented to design this lunch bowl were:
1. Used store bought tahini instead of handmade.
2. Used precut frozen green beans. (I admit I still eat these on a regular basis at home with all my artillery)
3. Used canned chickpeas instead of fresh.
4. Used a mason jar to blend up my sauce instead of a blender.
I may have lost out on some fit and beautifying nutrients by using these shortcuts, but sometimes a girl's got to make do!
I used chickpeas but if you want to make this a paleo dish use chicken instead.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
Tahini, 1/4 cup
Lemon juice, freshly squeezed, 2 Tbsp
Water, 1 to 3 Tbsp
Sea salt, to taste
Cumin, 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. If you have a blender double the ingredients and blend till smooth. If not use a mason jar and shake the sh* out of it. May need to break the tahini down with a fork in between shakes.
Green Beans, frozen, cut, cooked on stove
Red Onion, diced small (to slightly cook I mix in to green beans as soon as they are done cooking)
Hearts of Palm, canned or jarred, roughly chopped
Yellow Cherry Tomatoes