Summer is a great time to eat raw.
Raw food is:
- Cooling. This helps keep your temperature down during this heat. (Great for those of us who love to workout outside:))
- Fiber rich. Fiber helps rid your body of the summer fun toxins so you can stay looking fly in that 'kini.
- Water dense. Unless it is something prepared in the dehydrator, raw food hasn't lost any water content due to cooking. This helps you stay hydrated without having to worry so much about reaching that elusive number of recommended glasses of water a day which never seems to happen because we are all just too damn busy!
It can be difficult to eat raw all day, but why not sub a cooked meal or two for raw or at least have some raw side dishes! This dish is completely raw but feel free to add some cooked chicken for paleo or quinoa for vegan!
Couscous gets a makeover with subbing in detoxifying cauliflower and adding beautifying anti inflammatory turmeric, anti bacterial dill, and anti aging macadamia nuts!
Cauliflower, 1/2 head
1. Cut up into florets and roughly chop.
2. Place in food processor. Only add till half of bowl is filled. Don't want too much or the top florets won't rice.
3. Pulse till you have a couscous consistency.
Skin Glowing Cauliflower Couscous
Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
Dill, fresh, a few tbsp
Lemon juice, from one lemon
Macadamia nuts, 1/4 cup
Cayenne, depends on how spicy you like it!
Sea salt, to taste, start with 1 tsp and go from there
1. Place all ingredients in food processor with cauliflower couscous. Pulse till combined.
Cucumber,.5, peeled if non organic,if organic you can use the peel
Dill, fresh, a bunch, just leaves not stems
Garlic, 1 clove (optional if you don't want the garlic taste don't use for lunch purposes)
Lemon juice, from 1 lemon
Sea Salt, to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or you can use a food processor just might not be as smooth. Blend till smooth.
Enjoy with a fork or cut up some bell peppers and enjoy as a dip!